CORONA VIRUS UPDATE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 25, 2020
NEW BRITAIN CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
NEW BRITAIN— Mayor Erin Stewart is providing this update on the City’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Per Governor Ned Lamont, the Consolidated School District of New Britain will be closed for classes until at least April 20, with the potential for school to remain closed even longer. Parents are urged to ensure that they have an updated address and working phone number saved in the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Wednesday’s Common Council meeting on March 25 will be livestreamed at newbritainct.gov. Residents can take part in public participation remotely by calling 1-646-583-7415 and using code 11303366#.
- City Hall is open but has limited access to the public. Many services can be done over the phone by calling 860-826-3330 or by visiting newbritainct.gov. If residents come to City Hall, they will only be able to access the building from the West Main Street or Columbus Boulevard entrances and they will be directed to Room 108 for assistance.
- All Town Clerk's Office required services will be handled in Room 108. Everyone is strongly encouraged to utilize mail-in services. See web page http://www.newbritainct.gov/townclerk regarding services from our office.
- During this difficult time, Mayor Stewart urges residents to support local businesses by ordering take out from area restaurants.
- Continue to practice social distancing and remember to “Think Beyond Yourself.”
If you’re feeling sick or have questions regarding COVID-19, please call the Hartford HealthCare Hotline: 860.972.8100 or text “COVID19” to 31996.
( Press Release in PDF )