COMCAST EXTENDS COMPREHENSIVE COVID-19 RESPONSE POLICIES IN NEWBRITAIN
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 28, 2020
COMCAST EXTENDS COMPREHENSIVE COVID-19 RESPONSE POLICIES IN NEW BRITAIN
NEW BRITAIN— Mayor Erin Stewart announced today that Comcast has extended their comprehensive COVID-19 Response Policies through June 30th, greatly increasing internet connectivity and access to all residents of New Britain.
“We’re always proud to partner with our friends in the private sector, like Comcast, to come up with solutions,” said Stewart. “Comcast employees live and work right here in our community, they are vested in our City and share our common belief of thinking beyond yourself during these uncertain times. Now , more than ever, connectivity is an issue and a concern – I’m thankful to our friends at Comcast who helped us solve this problem and move forward.”
“As the country continues to grapple with the COVID-19 pandemic, Comcast recognizes we play an important role in helping our customers stay connected – to their families, their workplaces, their schools, and the latest information about the virus – through the Internet. Comcast employees live and work in the communities we serve, and we all share the unified belief that it’s our Company’s responsibility to step up and help during this unprecedented and challenging time. I hope this information provides some reassurance and comfort that Comcast is here to support you, our customers and communities we serve,” said Comcast in their prepared text.
Comcast recently announced that it will extend the below-listed commitments for Xfinity customers through June 30th to help ensure students can finish out the school year from home and remain connected to the internet during the COVID-19 crisis:
- No Disconnects and Waiving Late Fees: We will not disconnect a customer’s Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Mobile, or Xfinity Voice service, and we will waive late fees if they contact us and let us know that they can’t pay their bills during this period. Our care teams are available to offer flexible payment options or help find other solutions.
- Xfinity Wi-Fi Free for Everyone: Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots in business and outdoor locations across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi.
- Pausing Our Data Plan: With so many people working and educating from home, we want our customers to access the internet without thinking about data plans. While the vast majority of our customers do not come close to using 1TB of data in a month, we are pausing our data plans to give all customers unlimited data for no additional charge.
- Internet Essentials: Internet Essentials is the nation’s largest and most comprehensive broadband adoption program. We are extending our offer of 60 days of complimentary service for new customers that sign up by June 30th. Internet Essentials is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month. In addition to the 60 days of complimentary service, Comcast is also temporarily offering amnesty to low-income households who would otherwise qualify for Internet Essentials but have a past due balance that is less than a year old. Comcast will offer amnesty for that debt for the purpose of connecting to Internet Essentials, so long as the customer meets all the other eligibility criteria. For more information, visit www.internetessentials.com.
- April 27, 2020 Announcement: https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/comcastextends-comprehensive-covid-19-response-policies-to-june-30
For more information and updates from Comcast related to Coronavirus, visit any of the below-listed links:
- Network Performance Website: Information about Comcast’s network, the steps taken to ensure reliability, and additional measures Comcast is taking to keep everyone connected can be found here: https://corporate.comcast.com/covid-19/network
- Collection of Comcast’s COVID-19 Responses and Activities: All of Comcast’s COVID-19 responses and activities can be found here: https://corporate.comcast.com/covid-19.
If you need assistance from City Hall staff or have questions regarding any City of New Britain operations/ issues, please call 860.826.3300 or visit www.newbritainct.gov
Media Contact: David Huck 860-826-3302 email@example.com
( Press Release in PDF. )